Twittefeed is a service that reads RSS feeds and posts their articles automatically to various social networking sites. Currently it supports Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It can be very useful if you want to have posts from your News Manager automatically get pushed to your company's or personal social media pages.
Setting Up Twitterfeed
- Sign up for a twitterfeed account by going to twitterfeed.com
- Enter the name of the newsfeed and the URL of the newsfeed. The default rss feed for a LunpaCMS newsfeed is: http://<your website>/newsmanager/rss.cgi? if you don’t want the title in every post add “no_webtitle_in_header=1” to the end of the url to make it look like: “http://<your website>/newsmanager/rss.cgi?no_webtitle_in_header=1”
- Under “advanced Settings” set the frequency you want twitterfeed to check your rss feed for updates, choosing at least a few hours because once something is posted to facebook and twitter you have to manually go to those sites if you wish to delete or edit anything. The longer the update frequency the more grace period you have for edits.
- Choose how you would like to post content. Title and description includes a thumbnail. If you don’t want your facebook swimming in the same logo over and over, it would be advisable to choose title only and have a link.
- Choose Post sorting as GUID and have Feed is sorted selected
- You can add anything you want to prefix or postfix then click Continue to Step 2
- This is where you setup the individual sites you publish. i.e. clicking facebook you would click connect with facebook and enter the facebook credentials of the page you want to post to and hit “create service”
- Once you have created your services go to the dashboard and you can click “check now!” to have twitterfeed post your current RSS feed.
- Changing the password on your social media site that is connected to twitterfeed will disable twitterfeed's ability to update to that site
- If you change your password, you must go to the twitterfeed dashboard and click 'edit feed,' go to step two and re-connect with the sites
- If you want to make sure that you fully disable twittefeed from updating to the site, go to the twitterfeed dashboard and click 'delete feed' on the one you wish to delete
- Be careful posting while using twitterfeed. If you need to make any edits or delete a post after twitterfeed has published them you have to go around to all the sites to edit and delete them manually.
- If you want different settings for the different sites you have to set them up as different feeds and just use the same feed url.
- Twitterfeed only posts articles that show up in your rss feed, so if you have your news headlines set to "upcoming" it will only post things that are upcoming, not in the past, and the limit you set with the rss_limit parameter in the :::HEADLINES::: tag
Copyright © 2019 Peregrine Computer Consultants Corp. All rights reserved.
About Lunpa, our mascot. Her mother was a hamster and her father was an ill-tempered Chilean M00se. Oddly, neither smelt of elderberries.
The artist is Jennifer Lomax