Using Upload Manager:
Another module that will be helpful with Template Manager is Upload Manager. This module is intended to provide a "walled garden" to safely allow you to upload and manage files on your site without using more difficult tools like FTP.
By default, Upload Manager is enabled with images directory designated for file uploads. This information is saved in the map LOCAL_UPLOADMANAGER_ALLOWED_DIRS. If you need to allow more directories for file uploads, update the value of this map. For example, this map has value "images/" when Upload Manager is installed. If you want to add pdfs directory, change the map's value to "images/; pdfs/"
A Quick Demonstration:
- Use Upload Manager to upload any image such as a JPEG Photograph from your digital camera to the default /images directory.
- Use template manager to create a new template called test.template.
- Use the two most important LunpaCMS tags to add a heading and an image to the test.template. These tags allow you to quickly create a new template that includes images and heading with a consistent look and feel.
- Add this to the heading:
:::HEADING:This is a Test Heading:::
:::IMAGE:<image you uploaded>:ARGS: maxwidth=200&maxheight=400&alt=Test Image&border_1_size=2&border_1_color=:::color_background:::&border_2_size=2&border_2_color=black&align=left :::
- View your new template by clicking view in Template Manager and explorer. There are many options for Heading and Image tags that can enhance your site with automated resizing and text elements.
- Browsers will ignore spaces and returns in your templates. So you will need to learn a few HTML tags to get started:
<br> = a single line break
<p> = a paragraph break
<b>bold</b> = bold
<i>italics</i> = italics
- Navigate to Files/Uploads > File Uploads from main menu.
- Choose a "Directory" which you want to upload your files into.
- Click on "Drag and Drop" box to find files to upload from your computer. Or just drag and drop files to upload into this box.
- Click the "Upload" button to upload your files.
Using the Link to a Uploaded File:
- Click on the file name that you need link for from the file list, and Upload Manager will open a pop-up window with file information on it.
- Click on "Share URL" field, and it will be highlighted.
- Hit 'Ctrl'+'c' to copy highlighted "Share URL" to the clipboard of your computer.
- Hit 'Ctrl'+'v' to paste copied content to desired location.
- Also, "Share URL" is available on status message after you successfully upload a file.
Copyright © 2021 Peregrine Computer Consultants Corp. All rights reserved.
About Lunpa, our mascot. Her mother was a hamster and her father was an ill-tempered Chilean M00se. Oddly, neither smelt of elderberries.
The artist is Jennifer Lomax